Mission and Vision
OF THE ATSAS TRAINING CENTER
The mission of founding the Atsas Training Center is:
- To organize multi-company and single-company training seminars for professionals, in collaboration with the Human Resource Development Authority (HRDA)
- To take advantage, as much as possible, of the programs offered by HRDA
- To organize educational and informative seminars and programs for all residents of the mountainous and lowland Morphou regarding a wide range of issues that are of interest to them
- To find out the training and information needs of businessmen and residents of the area through direct communication with regional businessmen and professionals as well as with local authorities.
The vision of the Atsas Training Center is to encourage the development of agricultural production, the production of food, dairy and other products of the traditional gastronomy and customs of the mountainous and lowland Morphou through training, inspiration and engagement of the residents.
The Atsas Training Centermust constitute a main source of learning, first hand, on issues related to the cultivation like the sustainable management of land, biodiversity and the production of healthy, traditional and safe food from the field to fork.
The Atsas Training Center must offer learning and knowledge on issues that are of interest to the residents and particularly to the young people in order to inspire activities, which will be based on regional tradition.
Objectives of the Atsas Training Center
- To assist the local community (both young and seniors) to stay informed, engaged and connected
- In partnership with the Human Resource Development Authority, Ministries and other experts to offer a variety of training and seminars (across the year) on business management, safe and healthy food production, and with PDO (Protected Designation of Origin), PGI (Protected Geographical Indication), TSG (Traditional Specialty Guaranteed) registration schemes, land access opportunities, midscale production and adaptation strategies for climate change.
- To produce a series of communication material and collaterals (booklets, leaflets etc.) that promote the agriculture produce, traditional gastronomy and customs of the lowland and mountainousMorfou and its people.
- To help children discover how our food is grown (seasonality) and taste and inform the parents of the advantages of the Mediterranean diet.